Wattlog.pro - free indoor training app - ERG workouts, opinionated debrief, Strava/TCX import (EN/PL/DE/NL)

Hi,

This started as a debugging tool, not an app. Mid-winter, my HRM DUAL strap stopped working on the trainer. I didn’t want to just guess and buy a new one, so I wrote a simple script to check what the sensor was actually sending. It turned out to be a failed electrode …

Around the same time (about 5 months ago), I lost my job, so I tried to keep myself busy by improving my cycling as a very basic amateur. I didn’t want to pay $20 a month for Zwift when all I really needed was ERG mode and GPX simulation, so I kept adding the features I wanted. Over time, it grew into a full training app.

I started with an FTP of 120 W, so most features exist because I needed to understand them myself first (ERG, PMC, training load, etc.). As I learned about new cycling concepts, I added them to the code.

Currently, my budget and infrastructure allow for about 30 concurrent live sessions—but it’s a start. It quietly turned into something a few other people are using, so I figured this forum would be a good place to share it and get some honest feedback.

The post-ride debrief is quite opinionated and includes:

Recovery time before the next hard session.

Estimated sweat loss and carbs burned, with suggestions on what to eat and drink in the following hours.

A verdict on tomorrow’s planned workout against your current TSB and weekly load budget (e.g., “your TSB drops to -22, move it a day or cut it to 45 min”).

Aerobic decoupling, time in zones, and segment PRs.

Plus the usual tools: FTP tracking, CTL/ATL/TSB, a plan builder, power zones, and a Ramp Test with a cadence guard (it ends the ramp automatically when you can no longer hold the cadence).

How to try it without a trainer? You can import data directly from Strava or upload TCX/GPX files to get a full analysis of your past rides. This is actually how most of the current users use it.

It is free, with no subscriptions and no ads: https://wattlog.pro

Limitations:

Controlling a trainer requires the Wattlog app (Desktop, iOS, or Android) because of Bluetooth connections. A web browser alone can only do the analysis, not ERG control (Web Bluetooth is on my to-do list).

The app is fully translated (via AI) into English, Polish, German, and Dutch.

-– Andrzej (WattLog — Indoor Cycling Training)

1 Like

It seems you haven’t done enough testing, and I want to try it out, but there’s absolutely no way to start.

Seems like app is not available in the US App Store, but only in pl.

macOS shows that you must have macOS 11 or above to use.

And Android apps—it would be great if you could provide an APK that doesn’t rely on Google Play distribution.

1 Like

Thank you for you feedback. I was focused on Europe / Poland, newer versions of macOS as has no ability to support older versions and App Store and Google Play.

The download page on your official website states the DMG requirement is: macOS 10.14.4 (Mojave), the Apple Store link is in the US region and not listed, and the only correctly linked Android app also has a region requirement to use the app. I suggest you just place an APK that does not require region verification and fix macOS requirements, and match the available Apple Store region link.It seems I won't be able to try it out for now. I hope you can get the web version working soon. If you need a reference, Auuki is currently a good web solution.

Thank you for your feedback @DianGav. All changes applied to production system.