Vo2 Max value, where is it

How can i track this value? Its not appearing, or at least i dont see it.

Intervals.icu will pick that up from Garmin if you are measuring it that way. Look in the Garmin box in /settings.

Intervals.icu will also estimate it using your best 5 minute power on the /power page. Here I have chosen to see power for the last 84 days:

2 Likes

Hi @david , is there a plot for this value? I’d like to see the trend in my Fitness page (similar to eFTP). From my observation, the plot in the Fitness page is displaying data from, in my case, Garmin Connect.

2 Likes

How can i know where the VO2 max numbers come from? I had a VO2 max number published for the first time today ever, while none of my workflow changed.

I record via TR, but workouts (and ICU) sync to Garmin connect / my Fenix 6 watch.

This was my first VO2 max workout in a long time, as I’ve mostly been doing sweet spot work.

Where are you seeing the VO2Max number in intervals.icu? In your Wellness data or on the /Power page? This will tell you where it is coming from. The first is from a Garmin device, the second if based on efforts your have done an a calculation intervals.icu server side.

1 Like

It’s on the wellness data, thanks.

It’s strange as nothing changed in workflow, and Garmin has produced quite a few vo2 max values in last few weeks, but I never got to see it in ICU.

1 Like

Hi @david
Do you know why VO2max cycle value is not showing in wellness? but… when I have run session captured by Forerunner 955 - it’s visible:

I can see vo2max only on custom activity field, like bellow:

Not sure how to tell Garmin which one to send. But it appears that when both cycling and running VO2 Max values exist, Garmin sends running VO2 Max only.

3 Likes

I have been curious about why my VO2 Max values are not showing up consistently - but @D_Roads suggested that Garmin is sending running VO2 Max in some circumstances. Looking back at my data in the Wellness section and comparing it with my Garmin Connect’s history for running VO2 Max, I see that Intervals.icu is showing only the running VO2 Max (last time I ‘ran’ was before Garmin even existed ;-). Is there a way to fix this to show the cycling VO2 Max?

1 Like

This number is great, except that it seems as though I cannot plot it over time like the eFTP?

1 Like

I would also like to see my “estimated VO2 max” over time in a graph.