Upload workouts (Target = Power) to Garmin and run with the watch

I would like to transfer the training units (goal = power) to Garmin and run them with the watch.

• I use a Garmin Fenix 6.
  • The watch is connected to a Stryd (new generation).
  • The corresponding Stry data fields are installed and working
  • Upload workouts to
    Garmin works
  • The training sessions are displayed correctly on the watch.
  • Starting the training also works perfectly

The problem

• The power is not shown in the training data display
  • The Stryd power field is shown in the customizable layout → works

Is it possibly not possible to use training with goal = power with the Garmin Fenix 6? But the approach and everything seems to be there. Or do you have to adjust something there if necessary.

In any case, respect for what you’re doing there…

1 Like

Short Answer NO

Long Answer below :-p

Are you a new Stryd User? This “deficiency” has been an issue for the longest time. You WILL NOT see any power targets visiable on the Native Garmin Workout screens.

And you will NOT see any Power Targets on the Stryd Zones data field.

Your only (current - I say current because Garmin just rolled out native power targets, but it’s limited to using their own Garmin running Pod - NOt stryd) solution is to use

1. Stryd Workout App (APP)
  2. RunPowerWorkout (Data Field)
  3. 367RunStructured(Public BETA) - YouTube

App #3 is mine, but I did not publish it for x reason.

1 Like

I have now found a data field “RunPowerWorkout” with which it is possible to carry out training with Power and Stryd. Very nice:-)

Downloadlink:

1 Like

Works wonderfully and you can train perfectly for performance. Only the performance data is not recorded in Garmin Connect in this way. Garmin must urgently modernize something.

If you have created something wonderful, I would be happy if we could take part in it. Are you also recording the performance data? Or is the APP built purely to display performance? Unfortunately, Garmin is not yet able to do this by default.

1 Like

No recording of Power Data at all

1. to save on memory
  2. all users would be using the official “Stryd Zones” datafield which collects/records the power data anyways

Note : #2 is a pre-requisite for the data to be allowed to be uploaded into Stryd’s ecosystem(their rule). So it’s kinda moot to be recording the power data.