Updated: Imperial measurements for swim

My understanding is that all units for swim are in metric and there is no conversion, at a device level. Specifically, the hard coded pool length is 25 meters. Requesting an option where pool length can be set to yards and/or that workouts prescribed in yards can we executed in yards, rather than converting it.

Update: Request → instead of requiring pool length: 25y being added to the editor I’d like to propose that based on the settings the user has for swim, dictates if 25y or 25m is sent to the watch.

This is already implemented AFAIK:

@David I’m sorry, in the editor? By that you mean the workout creator? What is the syntax to set that up? The workouts themselves are written in yards, so I must be missing something. But, to your question… from what she sent me, it overrules the setting on the watch. She showed me the setting on the watch and it’s 25 yards, here’s an image of how the workout comes across:

Update found the article on how to do it manually, but updated the feature request to auto-send based on the pool setting for the athlete for pace zones.

Doing it automatically using the athlete’s swim pace settings is problematic if that differs to the workout. If the workout says “- 100mtr 100% pace” then it needs to be done in a metric pool or the lengths won’t work out. So you really need different workouts for meters and yards.

1 Like

FWIW the way TP handles it is they have a tick the athlete can check that specifies pool length and I just program how I program.

But what happens if you say “1000mtr” and the pool is in yards? Is the workout specified in lengths?

This is how you can set the pool length for a workout:

Pool length: 25y

- 400y Z2 Pace