Troubleshooting GARMIN Sync

Hi,

I registered with Intervals.ICU and went to enable sync with Garmin and load my old data. Yet even couple of days in I do not see either old data or new activities since that time

What I also find especially problematic there does not seem to be good tools to troubeshoot things - is the data loaded or still pending? Up to what point it was synced and when last time sync was run etc - these all could be helpful to troubleshoot sync more

I have a todo list item to make the server logs for an athlete visible in the app. I need to do some work there to make them a bit more readable and make sure nothing sensitive is exposed.

Unfortunately Garmin heavily limit calls to fetch old data (reject dups etc.). The best way to get everything is to use the “Import All Data” option. Garmin is quite reliable at delivering new stuff once your history is up to date.

So conceptually are you saying the new data may start to appear after sync is completed so I may need to wait for a few days ?

In my experience, new ones come in right away. You may want to check your connection to Garmin Connect again.
For old data, requesting a zip from Garmin by clicking on Import All Garmin data is the best way to go.