Torque Data and Smoothing

Hi David,

The Torque data seems to have no smoothing, and so it can be dominated by spikes when starting up:

Is there any way to clean up the data file, smooth it or whatever? I’d really like to see the torque data.

• Mark

More data:

Point 1 was when I started the bike from a dead stop at the start of the workout. Point 2 was restarting the bike after I hopped off to turn on the fan. Both are real data: instantaneous torque on startup can be really high. But it prevents me from seeing the rest of the data clearly, and that stuff is more interesting than the startup spikes. I’d be happy with manually scaling the y-axis, so the spikes can just blast off to infinity and beyond. Is there a way to do that?

Tx for the extra info. I need to find a way to deal with this automatically. That is likely less work than allowing manual axis edits.

1 Like

Oh well…
i) second the original suggestion
II) Ten minutes ago looking at my data I was simply wondering if one could manually set y ranges of the graphs in the Fitness page – e.g., looking at a chart with per-workout TSS bars. Here, it would also be good to look at a 0–150 or 0–200 range instead of having everything look “the same” but a few special events at 400 or above…

Thus, the ability to set y ranges for every single plot would really be useful;-)

1 Like