To much people going to much into details

Hi,

When i look at this forum every day there pop up new idea’s and @david will pick up al the ideas on the to-do list. @david does a great job, but the question must be…what do you want to achieve with this idea?

I think a lot of cyclists on intervals.icu are to much busy with details. But when you dont have the basics in order. You dont get anyting from the basics and it cost you a lot of time and stress (not good for recovery).

With cycling it’s all about consistency, consistency, consistency.
You can better do a lot of things good, than a couple of things perfect.

2 Likes

I agree with you. It would be nice to have intervals.icu not overloaded with tones of features and just keep it working.

2 Likes

Blockquote I agree with you. It would be nice to have intervals.icu not overloaded with tones of features and just keep it working.

Thats a great idea! I will put this on the to-do list! :grin:

But intervals.icu works and it works very well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thats not the point…

Totally agree, trade-offs are necessary

Thanks guys … Feature development has slowed a bit in favour of the “keeping it working” side of things. Still getting the kinks out of the Garmin integration. Also need to do oauth support for 3rd party apps.

2 Likes

Reliable and stable operation of Intervals, is much more important to me then new (fancy) features.

1 Like

I assume getting things on the todo list, does not mean, that they will eventually be implemented. However I mostly agree with you. Intervals.icu is amazing, but the actual training should be the main focus and not small details.

I don’t see an issue with people sharing ideas.

@david do what he wants with the site and the “todo list” at the end of the day.

Also people have different goals, different cultures and there is definitely not a single path to enjoy cycling and sports.

I agree with you that the big picture is always important in all we do, and the more we get experienced at something, the easier it is to spot the most important things. And you are right in our sports, the consistency is key. But we have to navigate our way through this journey and find variations in consistency otherwise the music gets pretty boring. If some people find pleasure in data analysis (like WKO5 users for example ;)) and cherry picking things around the mysterious VLamax algorithms for example that’s fine !

Iam also a user of WKO5 and Golden Cheetah. WKO5 since end 2020 but GC from 2015. I agree with you, that you need experience to spot the most important things. But sometimes you can learn from more experienced riders they tell you not to focus to much on details. First the low hanging fruit :wink:

On the facebook page of WKO5 they always ask…what do you want to achieve with this idea?

1 Like