Support for Power Courses on Wahoo

Now that we have Wahoo integration working I was really curious if we could have power courses implemented.
If you’re not familiar you can read about it here (and there’s a version for Garmin too)

Basically you can have a course on your Wahoo that will also adjust your power target depending on where you are on your course. (hence “Power Course”)

Bestbikesplit does this by attaching the targets to the course.

I’ve implemented this in a much simple way by creating a workout based on distance, then assigning a specific target to each segment. IT generally works well, but it can be extremely tedious to generate especially on long courses with many climbs/splits.
Also, if you go off course etc, it becomes useless.

I think I first good step would be to leverage the existing workout generator function (that imports a ride and turns it into a workout) but instead of using time/laps/power, would use distance/laps/power, without tying it to a gps track.

I find this feature extremely helpful in races, so that you can plan ahead of time how hard to go at any point. I would leave the race time prediction to specific tools like MyWindSock or BestBikeSplit.

1 Like