[SOLVED] Running power (Stryd) not shown

Since c.a one ore two weeks running power data are not shown any more. I run with Stryd and record the workout with a Garmin FR935 on which a IQ app is present to record the data. In Garmin connect I can see all data and relevant graph, but while syncing from Garmin connect to intervals, power data are lost.
I did not change any setting and previously this was working flawlessly.
As an exemple you can check on GC [Garmin Connect] and on intervals https://intervals.icu/activities/i6111711.
Is this a bug or it is me doing something wrong?
Thank you
Alessandro

Hmm something has changed in how power is being recorded in that file. There is a field “current_value(Watts)” which appears to hold the power data. I downloaded one of your older files and it has “Power(Watts)” which is what Intervals.icu expects.

Anyway I have added support for “current_value(Watts)”. You can do Actions → Reprocess File on the activity timeline chart to fix the activities. I fixed “i6111711” already.

1 Like

My guess is that the developer for that 3rd Party CIQ Field just decided to change the naming for the Running Power Field.

Power is the “native” field, but since Garmin doesn’t allow 3rd Party CIQ developers access to the native fields, we have to use the “developer fields” and to differentiate it, I guess he/she changed the naming.

Garmin will know/plot these fields correctly because it references the 3rd Party CIQ field’s metadata internally and looks it up to see what sort of fields / naming / charts etc that it requires and uses that to plot / display.

Long Story, Developer fields = any developer can name any field to anything he / she wants.

developer A Power = current_value(watts)
developer B Power = runPower(watts)
developer C Power = RunningPower (Watts)
developer D Power = StrydPower (Watts)
…
…
…
etc…

1 Like

Hi @david,

If you get a chance, could you check the code that calculates average power for run intervals. I am using the Stryd with a Garmin watch, and the power shows up on the main workout screen, but when I add average power field to the interval field list there are no values.

I just tried that on one of your recent runs and it seems to be ok?

You’re right. I’m sorry!