[SOLVED] Newbie struggling to get FIT files to be fully processed

I am new to intervals.icu and trying to get started by importing a bunch of my old Trainer Road FIT files. I have hundreds of FIT files downloaded from TR onto my desktop. I am able to get the files into intervals.icu without any error messages, but not all of them are fully processing.

My methodology: In intervals.icu, I went into the Activities screen, then clicked on the Library icon, then New, then Folder, then created a folder for 2022. In that folder, I clicked on the three vertical dots to get a menu, selected Import Workouts, and imported all my 2022 FIT files. When I did that, the system correctly imported 119 FIT files from my desktop (all the TR rides I did in 2022). However, when I look at my Activities calendar, as well as other screens like Fitness and Compare, the system seems to only be looking at data from the first three months of 2022. This happens even after I click the Refresh button on various screens. I thought there might be a file size issue, so I deleted all the imports and redid them in batches (4 quarters), but the same issue is happening. The 119 imports are there in my workouts library, but not showing up on my calendar and not being analyzed for any other fitness/comparison purposes, other than the 34 or 35 or so from the first three months. Just as an example, in this screenshot, you can see that I imported 27 rides during July-September 2022, but the activity calendar for July 2022 appears to be blank.

For the several dozen rides that are actually being processed from the first few months, they seem to be processed correctly, although I may need to make some small manual corrections here and there. Hoping to get a little help on getting the rest processed, before I move on to importing additional years of data, digging into my analysis, and considering paying for a subscription. Thanks in advance!

I should add that I have seen the info about only getting 3 months of Strava data imported when using the free version of intervals.icu, but this data comes directly from TR, so I was thinking that cap shouldn’t be a problem.

what you’re doing is the workout Library. (which is to say, this is like a list of “structured workouts”. Not completed workouts)

What you want to do is Upload your completed workouts (all those FIT files). To do that, you want to click on the “UPLOAD” button which is between the OPTIONS & RACES button.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response! Will try this during the weekend.

You might want to browse the Guides for getting started:
https://forum.intervals.icu/search?q=Guide

4 Likes

Appreciate it!

2 Likes