[SOLVED] Intervals.icu and Garmin sync

hang on. what are you looking for?
Do you want autoLaps in Garmin? Or you do not want it? If you do not want it, then yes, you can turn it off.

Or you want autolaps in Garmin to be based on every 1km instead of 1.6km (1mile). If this is the case, then you need to change the auto-lap to use 1km instad of 1mile.

Regardless of Garmin settings, if you want want Intervals.icu to automatically detect intervals, Intervals.icu will detect it based on power/hr/pace changes. If you have say 4km ran at constant pace, I think it’s likely intervls.icu will only show this as 1 lap (of 4km). Interval.icu does not use any of the “laps” data that is written by the watch. It calculates the laps using the raw data.

1 Like

Just to be clear: Intervals does use that lap data if you choose ‘Use Laps’.
But Intervals disregards that data if it auto-detects intervals from Power/HR/Pace.

yeah… already established that in 2 responses above from both me and gerald

So yes what I simply want is I want my actual workout blocks to be captured and look similar exactly as they look on planned workouts. So I think fixing the Garmin will resolve this one. will try this. for example - if I plan to run 5km at whatever pace, hr, or power, it should still show me a 5km block rather than breaking that into pieces irrespective of whether it is a consistent pace or not because pace may vary in between for some. It makes analysis easier. :wink:

The problem is solved after changing these settings on Garmin.

Thanks, everyone for your precious time to help me figure this out. I appreciate it a lot. :slight_smile:

2 Likes