[SOLVED] GCT & V. Oscillation not importing from Strava

This will definitely be me not understanding something, but I’ve changed my Apple Watch workout app from Apple’s own to WorkOutdoors, and although GCT and V. Oscillation still show in Strava, they don’t show on the Intervals view in Intervals.icu from the Strava import - the fields that used to be populated are now blank. What’s the fix please? Thanks so much!

I’m afraid Strava isn’t forwarding those metrics in their activity file…
How did you get them in before? Manual download of the FIT file?

Pretty sure it went Apple Workout app > Run Gap > Intervals.icu. For other reasons, I’ve stopped using the native Apple app and switched to WorkOutdoors. Problem now seems to be Strava won’t pass on the data I need, but WorkOutdoors > Apple Workout > Run Gap > Intervals.icu loses the intervals, so it seems I can only get one or the other!

Yeah. With your workflow, you’re gonna lose something in the process.

Workoutdoors, if it generates the FIT file would have the GCT etc data in it. But when it saves into Apple Health, those fields would be lost cos AFAIK, Apple doesn’t support those fields (yet).

RunGap would work, but in your case, where is the source. If it’s Apple health then yep it will be missing.

I presume work outdoors is syncing directly to Strava, hence the GCT etc are being sent. But is stripped when Strava forwards the data out.

I don’t have a good suggestion to you. UNLESS work outdoors can also save to Dropbox.

Manual export from WorkOutDoors then import into Intervals seems to work, for now at least. Thanks!