Show work (kJ) on calendar

You can now display work (kJ) and work above FTP on the calendar page. Choose Options → Colours and tick the boxes. These values are also included in the weekly totals.

Intervals.icu currently calculates work above FTP by summing all work done at power greater than FTP. So if your FTP is 300w and you do 10s of work at 330w then that is 3300J of work above FTP. I am considering changing this to only count the portion of the work over FTP. In this example that would be (330w - 300w) x 10s = 300J. So only the portion depleting W’. What do you guys think?

8 Likes

I vote for the suggested change as that is how I thought it was being currently calculated :smiley:🤦

1 Like

Agreed!

1 Like

Great addition. It doesn’t seem to be showing on mobile though - is that a layout/ available room constraint?

It shows for me, but in landscape mode only.

I also agree with your suggestion.

1 Like

Yes, I think “kJ>FTP” should show only the kilojoules for watts above FTP i.e. depleting W’ - that seems to be a much more useful value, and AFAIK, a more typical formula.

I agree with this proposed change.

1 Like

Hmm… This reminds me of one of my very first posts on this forum…

You have my vote for the change.

2 Likes

But knowing the total work>FTP could be a good metric for the carbs used. All powers above FTP Are made from CHO, so, having the total work from that intensities could be useful for nutrition purposes.

I have made the change (including for interval stats) and everyone’s activities are being updated. Will take rather a long time though.

3 Likes

Hi David. Does this only work for cycling? It doesn’t seem like work or work>FTP is being displayed when running and using a Stryd footpod.

Cheers

John

It seems to be working for me on your calendar. Remember you need to turn it on separately for running.

1 Like

Doh - apologies. Working just fine!!