RPE relevant to intervals

Is the RPE rating that garmin asks me after every work out relevant to intervals? I always just click through it which is default to 1 because I don’t feel like setting it but not sure if this is throwing intervals off

I don’t believe the RPE on garmin is imported here.
But I do update my RPE on intervals (and I use my app to sync it back to Garmin)

1 Like

The RPE chosen on Garmin after every workout is synced to Intervals. At least for me.

Do you have one of those newer devices which will ask you for RPE immediately after the workout (before it’s saved / sent to Garmin Connect?)

I just tried to change my RPE on Garmin Connect (last weekend activity) and nothing came into intervals, (this is likely because, Garmin doesn’t send updates other than new activities)

if its saved into the FIT file, then it will be transfered to intervals and u can chart it to see trends etc. (but if you change it within intervals, updates doesn’t go back to Garmin)

Newer devices ask it before saving the Fit file and then it transfers. I have Edge 840.

1 Like

I often add the rpe and feeling to garmin connect afterwards, but I noticed this doesn’t sync through to intervals (nor do name changes etc). Presumably the sync only happens once on workout creation rather than being fully dynamic?

I’ll probably re-enable the automatic one on my edge so it just goes through - hate updating the same info in multiple places. :slight_smile:

For activities, nothing else then the original FIT file is available from Garmin.

1 Like

Shame. A proper dynamic sync would be great.
But I know what to do now :slight_smile:

it asks be at the end of the workout. is this something worth doing? does it change any of the graphs on intervals.icu?

Doesn’t change anything. RPE and other stuffs you update here is for you to track / analyse.

If you do not update it? Then there’s nothing to analyse. That’s about it.

Garmin doesn’t allow it (officially) but there are some apps that will do it.

For me, RPE from Strava syncs to Intervals.

RPE is a very good tool to use to compare how you felt the effort was. You might be able to hold the power, but it could be easier/harder than it should be. It’s a subjective metric.

thanks but that RPE isn’t graphed or adjusted based in any of the fitness data right? more so there just to cross reference? maybe I’ll just continue to put 1 for everything thats normal and then add a score if something feels off that day so I can write a note about it later on intervals

1 Like

It doesn’t affect the fitness charts, but simply putting 1 is as good as not filling anything in. It can be plotted as a custom chart.