Race calendar entries being added to all Training Plans

I think this is a bug, rather than a designed feature…? I have just started using the Race calendar entries (A Race, B Race, C Race). I spotted that every time I do this, it also adds the entry to all the training plans I have set up in my Library.

This is not a desirable behavior for me, as I use the training plans to create templates for a typical week of workouts, which I then drag to my calendar. I don’t want races, which I’ve set for a specific day, to be duplicated, and I don’t understand why they would automatically be added to all my training plans?

Thanks! I love this site!

Okay so I figured something out…the Races don’t appear to be /added/ to the training plans, but /show/ on the training plans on the relevant dates. And when I drag the training plan onto my calendar, it does not duplicate the Race entries.

So perhaps this isn’t causing me a problem…but it still seems a strange behaviour, especially if I were creating a training plan for someone else but my own races were showing up? It’s also just confusing to me generally, but maybe I’m missing something.

It on the training plan, for visibility reasons. Being able to plan around an event, especially when there are many, makes it easier to plan.

1 Like

It overlays the races from the selected athlete on the plan to help as Gerald says. So if you are planning for someone else just select them first.

1 Like

Awesome, thank you both, that makes a lot more sense to me now! I appreciate your clear and prompt responses! :slight_smile:

1 Like