Question re. manual stationary data

Hi guys
I normally upload indoor workouts straight via Zwift to Strava to Intervals, all automatically after exiting Zwift
Aside… have noticed power diffs so did an indoor workout just using power pedals, stationary
Anyone know why this workout has such a short time (10 mins) even though I can clearly see all the intervals? The same workout via Zwift has a load of 50ish.
Is there something I need to be manually doing here to ‘capture’ the full workout?
This could be a really simple thing and I’m just being an idiot … only been Intervals a couple months.
Thanks
SC

Did you use your normal head unit with GPS on indoors?
Disable GPS for indoor activities because now it recorded fake ‘movement’ caused by low GPS signal and intervals sees that as low speed movement which translates in lots of pauses.
You can correct that by uploading your file to FitFileTools.com and deleting the GPS track.

Thanks a lot - that makes a lot of sense. Appreciate the help

hmm … using the link I strip location (and speed, and distance) and still get the same issue when uploaded… a 10 minute workout (instead of 50 mins) with 20% of the expected load

Did you delete the original activity? Check if the source of the workout is now ‘Upload’ iso ‘Strava’ to make sure that Intervals now has the corrected file.

Yeah I did … very puzzling. Now now GPS data on this upload

Not sure but maybe the altitude track throws it off?

If you pm me a downloadlink to the file, I can check with another fit tool I have. (Licensed tool)

Even without that altitude no joy … really at a loss! Such a puzzle haha.
I did the same to a previous indoor head unit workout and it worked fine
maybe something strange about this file
appreciate your help MedTechCD … maybe just a good lesson learnt here

If you also strip out the enhanced_speed then it might upload correctly.

Actually I am being an idiot … if you do Actions → Settings under the timeline chart you can tell Intervals.icu to ignore to speed data. Then you don’t have to strip anything out for indoor activities with GPS left on.

2 Likes

I totally forgot that this was implemented a while ago :expressionless:

1 Like

Haha thanks all. Appreciate the help that’s solved it!!

2 Likes