Quadrant analysis

Is there any way we could get a Quadrant analysis chart.

I know that i can’t get CPV vs average torque, but we could plot (as a scatter chart) torque vs cadence.
(BTW i am not an expert or anything like that, but i know enough to be dangerous, but maybe not useful)

Vince

Yes quadrant analysis is already on the todo list. Thx.

2 Likes

Hi David,
We all know that you’re extremely busy, and was wondering if the quadrant analysis will be a feature sooner than later, please?

For those that don’t understand it,:

• Quadrant I (upper right): High cadence, high force. Sprint type work;
  • Quadrant II (upper left): Low cadence, high force. Hill climbing work;
  • Quadrant III (lower left): Low cadence, low force. Easy pedaling (in the pack or during rest periods between intervals);
  • Quadrant IV (lower right): High cadence, low force. Fast pedaling with little resistance (sitting in the middle of a pack or pedaling downhill.
4 Likes

I copy the formulas from wko5 in case it can help in its implementation.

Q1
sum(if(cpv >= tcadencecranklengthpi/30000 and aepf >= bikeftp/tcadence/pi/cranklength*30000, deltatime, 0))/sum(if(aepf>=0 and cpv>=0, deltatime))

Q2
sum(if(cpv < tcadencecranklengthpi/30000 and aepf >= bikeftp/tcadence/pi/cranklength*30000, deltatime, 0))/sum(if(aepf>=0 and cpv>=0, deltatime))

Q3
sum(if(cpv < tcadencecranklengthpi/30000 and aepf < bikeftp/tcadence/pi/cranklength*30000, deltatime, 0))/sum(if(aepf>=0 and cpv>=0, deltatime))

Q4
sum(if(cpv >= tcadencecranklengthpi/30000 and aepf < bikeftp/tcadence/pi/cranklength*30000, deltatime, 0))/sum(if(aepf>=0 and cpv>=0, deltatime))

3 Likes

Not to be a PITA but it strikes me as something the folks at Training Peaks/WKO might not be so keen on being copied since it is proprietary. Just sayin’