Q:How do I use the coaching feature on intervals.icu?

I just set up an intervals.icu account and I am enjoying its features so far. However, I want to ask how I can write training plans and use the coaching feature of the website? Do I need to have my athlete join intervals.icu before it will let me write the training plan?

I have been clicking around the website, but I haven’t figured out how I can write a training plan on here. Please let me know how to use the coaching features.

Thank you,

-Cian

You need to click the book icon on the calendar page to open your workout library. There is a lot more info in this guide:

• Your athletes need an account.
  • They need to be linked to you as a coach.
  • You can create plans and link athletes to a plan, but that means they all do the same workouts at their respective levels.

Hi, I’m an endurance running coach and I’ve just come across intervals.icu and I’m assessing it’s capabilities to decide if it’s something I can use with my clients.

I can see how I can upload runs/workouts and assign them to athletes and they can then sync those runs with their Garmin. And I can see their stats and health data - which is all excellent. As is the ability to comment on specific workouts.

What I’m less confident with at the moment is how to build generic & specific training plans e.g a 16 week half-marathon plan. And be able to assign that to individuals and also set/select which days of the week each run should be scheduled for.

Also not sure how to include strength & conditioning workouts. I can see an option for “weigh-training”, but nothing for bodyweight exercises. Usually, I would build specific routines with links to demo videos and notes on sets/reps. Can this be replicated/done in intervals.icu?

Welcome to Intervals.

In the Library section, the book icon on the Calendar page, you can add folders and plans.

Folders is where you can add/group workouts, and notes.

Plans opens a calendar where you can drop workouts, and notes into, to push to the athlete(s). You have a number of options for the rollout frequency. This can also be assigned to any number of athletes, and also start from a certain date.

Thanks, I’ll be sure to have a look at folders & plans and see what I can do with those.

Do you know if there are any good video tutorials available to assist someone looking to use the platform as a coach?

Nothing available, that I’m aware of.