Problem with workout import (FIT file)

Hi,
I try to export a workout from TrainingPeaks and import it in Intervals.

Workout I’m exporting from TP:

Imported workout in Intervals:

There is problem with Cooldown step, there are two of them in imported workout. The last one shouldn’t exist. I checked several other workouts, it seems all exported workouts from TP has additional cooldown step in the end

Is it possible to fix and import only single Cooldown step.

I know I can export/import ZWO files (it works fine), but I wish to have range of power in workout steps, which ZWO doesn’t have.

1 Like

TP fit file exports have an “open” cooldown step at the end. Intervals.icu requires that all steps have duration to calculate training load and so on, so it turns that into a 10m cooldown step.

I suppose I could skip that if the previous step had intensity of “cooldown”?

That’s could be nice. I believe that open cooldown step is for Garmin (don’t know it’s related to only old or current ones also) devices where activity ends with the end of the workout.

Hi David - Could you make it 1 second (or less) regardless of prior intensity? I can’t imagine any scenario where I would want an imported workout to add 10 minutes (or any time at all), regardless of how the imported workout ended.

How are you doing the import? I would need to ad an option to ignore “open” steps. If I suddenly change something like this after several years someone isn’t going to be happy. I need to figure out how to make the option discoverable in the UI.

I’m exporting from my training plan to TP, then downloading the fit file and uploading to intervals. It then adds 10 minutes to the workout. Is there a way to import that doesn’t do this?

Hi,

As I understand, you have structured workouts in TP, then you copy them to Intervals via FIT files?

I’ve created a project which able to copy workouts from TP to Intervals training plan and can sync structured workouts from Intervals → TP.
If I understand you case right, I can make a sync TP → Interval, of course they will be without additional 10 cooldown.
Just let me know you are interested in this feature.

1 Like

Released 0.2.0 version.
Now when you plan workouts you can select directions.
TP to Intervals or Intervals to TP

1 Like

Just following up in case my question was not clear. Is there no way to import a workout into Intervals without it adding 10 minutes to the end of the workout? I can’t imagine that’s what most users are doing, but I guess I could be way off.

I am thinking about how to do the UX for this. Will sort something out. Obviously importing TP workouts is important.

1 Like

I have added an option to control this and will deploy Monday AM (GMT+2).

Elsewhere the options dialog can be opened using the dot dot dot button next to the “Import” button:

2 Likes

Awesome!! Thank you :trophy: