Power Zones FTP rounded down instead of up and down

In the Power Zones calculations, I noticed that the target powers are always rounded down. For example, 184.9 = 184, which should actually be 185.

Could that possibly be changed, because the other solutions then have the same % values, but the target performance then differs.

@david , in fact there are, unfortunately, still many occasions in i.icu where truncation instead of rounding is used – would be great to get these fixed;-)
Shall we report them in some general thread?
I wanted to do that for a while, but then never got to it yet…

In the specific example here it is of course a bit harder, as the thread opener even misses values/ranges, e.g., 183 W … :wink:

You can do it if you like:-)

Is it really rounded down or just cut out after the dot? If i look to the watts a rounding up will cause spaces between the different zones. for now in the example it shows continuous values

As you replied to me… I wrote “truncated”.

@david , body fat values displayed on the activities page are truncated/floored instead of rounded:-o)

Hmm. I just tested this and it seems to be working?

Screen Shot 2022-08-14 at 09.27.33

Screen Shot 2022-08-14 at 09.28.04

If you check, e.g., my data last Thursday… it “rounds” 16.867 to 16.8:

Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 11.46.57
No. I don’t believe the data from the scale is as accurate as it is reported, but that’s robots. I am perfectly fine with rounding it to the 0.1 % level or even coarser – but would like to have it rounded:wink:

1 Like

Same for Baevski index – today truncated from 4.39 to 4.3:-o)