Power Tab: Group Watt and Watt/kg by WEIGHT CLASSES!

Hello

I propose the addition of a new grouping filter, similar to the age groups (e.g., Male, Male under 40, Coggan Male), to the Power Profile Table (under the Power Tab). This new filter would specifically benefit heavier riders, allowing them to compare their Watt and Watt/kg to their weight group, providing a more accurate assessment of their performance.

So far, we see absolute Watt and Watt/kg, and we can group them in percentile groups by gender and gender+age groups. That is the gold standard.

Currently, there is a significant issue for heavier riders. While absolute Watts may be in a relatively high percentile of the total population, their Watt/kg will be in a very low percentile. From this data, they can learn that they might keep up with the average population (i.e., lighter riders) on flats but will get wrecked on climbs.

A valuable piece of information that has yet to be included in intervals.icu is comparing Watt and Watt/kg by weight group. The currently available Watt and Watt/kg percentiles have limited information for heavier riders because most people are lighter than them. Heavier riders could assess their absolute and relative performance (i.e., in Watt and Watt/kg) much better if they could filter the population used to calculate percentiles by their weight class (and age group).

This new feature helps us understand which Watt and Watt/kg values are realistic at the top end for heavier riders. Eventually, it will help with setting realistic Watt goals for heavier riders.

Weight classes could be in the 5 or 10kg bracket or (even better) use customizable min/max values.

Body height would be another exciting filter, but you will probably only get this information if people link a fitness platform like Garmin rather than an activity-tracking platform like Strava…

Power Tab