Power rankings for running and rowing

Intervals.icu now supports age group power rankings for running and rowing as well as cycling. See how you compare to your peers! These are on the /power page:

I am probably going to have to break this down further by “type of power” when millions of Apple Watch owners suddenly start running with power. Presumably that will produce different results to Stryd.

10 Likes

Ouch… I really need to improve my running performance :blush: :unamused:

Hello

should this already work / be active?
because I see only “Ride”

greetings
Klaus

It’s there. tho No data for me. (no power data that is)

Same for me. I can only see Ride.

Do I have to activate Running somewhere? I’ve got running activities with power etc, so that shouldnt be a problem.

You have to set power zones for running. Best to setup the pace and HR zones too.

Here’s the protocol:

• Warm up for 15 minutes, preparing for hard effort at the end of it
  • Conduct a 3 minute interval at maximal effort
  • Recover with 5 minute walk, 10 minute easy jog, 5 minute walk, and 5 minute easy jog, and 5 minute walk again, (30 minutes total)
  • Conduct a 9 minute interval at maximal effort
  • Cool down 10 to 15 minutes easy

After you have completed this test, take the average power for the 3 minutes and the 9 minutes, and average the two values. For example, if you did 350 watts for the 3 minutes, and 300 for the 9 minutes, you would get a 325 average of the two.

Next, take 90 percent of that value, which is within about +/-3 percent of your actual value if you paced the efforts correctly, as all-out. So the 325 average, would be an estimated rFTPw of 293 watts.

Feels bad man. Thought I was making progress :upside_down_face:

Looks like I will need to split out running power by calculation method (Stryd vs Apple etc.):

Definitely, Garmin power is huge compared to Stryd. I like the Stryd method simply because it seems to compare nicely to cycling power. All arbritary thought with running power, only really useful for a comparison against yourself. That’s not to say it’s not a ‘nice-to-have’ though.

1 Like