Power meter info missing in intervals activity list

Hello Guys,

It is just me or the info about Power Meter, battery status, Crank Length, etc… dissapear from interval activity list?:

Now:

Before:

It happens whatever powermeter I use… the info dissapears…

Thank you!

Hello,
everything looks the same to me. Ride from today all 5 information available.
greeting
cooper

1 Like

I had a look at this ride: Intervals.icu

The fit file doesn’t contain power meter info in the usual place. You can look at it on fitfileviewer.com.

device_type 11 is BIKE_POWER and there is no row for that.

Got it, that’s mean something changed in my power meter. Thank you very much, I’ll check what’s going on… Will check with fitfileviewer next time :ok_hand:t2: :+1:t2

One doubt: It could be the garmin device not getting right device info? Or it is the power meter (wahoo) not sending it… It is weird for me because cannot see the device info of my HR strap neither, nor my power meter… uhm…

It might be how the PM is connecting to your Garmin. Mine can connect using ANT+ and bluetooth and I don’t get “low battery” warnings and so on unless it is using ANT+.

Good point, my garmin connected using BLE instead of ANT+. Thanks! @david

2 Likes

Hi all,
adding to this topic, I realised that since a couple of days, power meter informations disappeared.

I had a look into the Fit-file and for some reason the PM-info is not stored anymore:

available here

but since then the row is missing

I am using the Hammerhead Karoo and maybe they changed something in an update?
Anyone else experiencing this or do I miss something?

cheers
alfred

And you are still connecting with ANT+?
I´m pretty sure that BLE does not support that info.

Hmm…
haven’t changed this and suppose that the connection is not affected by any software update on the Karoo.
On the old file there is also a row for the Garmin HR belt (just above the PM-row), which disappeared as well on the new file.
Weird, will double-check the connection.

re-checked the connection and it still is ANT and not BLE

Did you check the visibility of all sections in fitfiletools? By default, some sections are set to not show.
In your screenshots, the second one is not the device section.

not that I am aware of.
No filter is applied

the issue might be related to a Karoo SW-release on 18th May, the last day where the device info was saved in the FIT-file, at least in my case.
Anyone else here using a Karoo and observing this?

I am in contact now with the Hammerhead-Team. They confirmed that for some (currently) unknown reason the device informations are not stored to the fit-file anymore.
Will keep you updated here.

2 Likes

Update:
it appears as if the last software release for the Karoo2 solved the issue.

cheers
alfred

1 Like