Power for activities other than Cycling (Specifially Nordic Skiing)

I’ve created an account with intervals.icu to see if this site would work well as a coaching, tracking and planning tool for Nordic skiing athletes.
Currently they are coached on training peaks, but for the price for the athlete, plus the coaches, I don’t think it’s optimal.

I’ve only dug in a bit so far, but something I can’t quite understand is the power integration. We’ve been monitoring power on Garmin devices with the HRM pro strap and now have solid data for well over a year. Although the data doesn’t track with cycling data, it provides valuable and consistent insight much the same way power for cycling does. Although seemingly more complicated (snow, wax, technique etc.) it does seems to be able to consistently normalize it and come up with valuable numbers that can be compared across these variables, and including roller skiing.

When I click on the power I only see Ride for an activity option, and I can’t see a way to look at power for any other activity type. Am I missing something here or would power be able to monitored and utilized the same as with cycling? If so, how? If not, would it be a long range out feature?

That’s because Skiing is not by default set up as a sports discipline.
Go to the settings page and you will see Ride/Run/Swim/Other/Add
Click on add to add a sports discipline and select the sub-sports that will be part of it. Then set FTP, LTHR, zones for HR/Power/Pace.
You will now be able to add workouts and activities with any metric.
Play a bit to get a general feeling and then come back with any questions you may have. You can also check out the Guide section here on the forum that gives you more in depth info on all the main pages in Intervals.

Wishing you a nice welcome on this community :wink: