Power curve for each power meter

Hi all,

Is it possible to have two or more separate power curves for different power meters? If so can power meters be automatically added by their ant+ id?

Sounds complicated: two power meters each can be outdoors and indoors and so on, they can connect by ant+ or by BT it all gives a huge mess. I think for now you can cheat a little if you really want to get two power curves by setting activites with 1st power meter as indoor and 2nd as outdoors. There is a setting in the power chart to show indoors or outdoors only. So you get your 2 power curves.

Maybe a better idea is to flag each activity with a bike setup just like in Strava. And then you could divide curves by the bike you rode?
-it would be amazingly helpful for comparing TT and Road or MTB power
-you could set one bike with two names of power meters and get two power curves (without ant+?bt hussle)
-all bikefit setups would be easy to compare
-many many possibilities :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe just setting a ride as a particular bike or a ā€˜gearā€™ in Strava would be easier.

Yes I am planning to address this when I implement ā€œgearā€. For myself sometimes the power meter info is present in the .fit file and sometimes not. I think it depends on the comms protocol (bluetooth or Ant+). If my phone is connected to my Garmin via bluetooth it seems to use the former. I have a PowerTap hub.

Iā€™ve only come across this idea when I used DCRainmakerā€™s analysis tool. I have a Tacx neo, quarq d zero and assioma duo pedals. They are all identified in the fit files by their ant ID and connect to my Garmin via ant+.

Why do you want this?

Probably to somehow deal with very inconsistent power from trainers.

I run a quarq dzero on my gravel bike and a pair of assioma duos on my road bike/trainer. I use powermatch on my trainer so I donā€™t need it for that.

I am more interested to compare power curves between road and gravel riding and the only way I can seem to separate those rides is by using the ant+ id on those fit files. I have adjusted the slope on the quarq to get it as close as possible to the assioma duos so that shouldnā€™t be a significant difference.

Iā€™m not sure what Iā€™d get from it, just curiosity thatā€™s all.

I had this very same question.
In the Power/Duration curve, would it be possible to differentiate between different bikes (or power meter IDs)?
I have power meter on every bike (6 in total) plus trainer.
I know I can do indoor/outdoor, but from anecdotal observation I know I can put out more power on one bike vs the others. I think it would be quite interesting to compare how we perform on each different bike.
In particular I noticed my power output to be higher on shorter crank lengths (170 vs 175mm) would be good to have data to support that.

If you have Gear configured, I think it should be possible since the Filtering got extended. But you can only compare in different browser windows. Save filters for each gear and apply them to the PDC in a number of browser windows.