Power and heart rate in one workout

Today I created a workout, part of it was as %LHTR and part of it was as %FTP. Something like this:

• 15m 50% power=10s
  • 60m 80-90% LTHR hr=1s
  • 15m 50% power=10s
    The garmin 530 does not have the correct workout goal for %LHTR.

Also, is there no way to make it calculate the load from this workout correctly? Now it calculates only for HR or power, and it should count for both.
Screenshot_1

Unfortunately you need to have power and HR for all the steps. I had to make some simplifications to get that functionality done.

This may be unrelated re: simplifications, but I noticed that if I have a workout that has some interval steps with targets, and others without, it is not functional on my Garmin.

This workout below is sent to my Garmin calendar and appears as a workout on the calendar, but when I try and send the workout to my device, it doesn’t sync. When I select the workout from my training plan on my Garmin (530), then it doesn’t show up as a ride I can actually do.

Intervals:

Garmin Connect

Garmin 530

– Compared to other workouts sent from Intervals, where my Garmin shows the summary

If I recreate the same workout in GC, then it works just fine as a workout within my Garmin

Thanks. I have change the Gamin workout generator to use target of OPEN for steps without any other targets. That might sort this out.

1 Like

Great, that did it. Thank you!

1 Like