Power adjusted for altitude

Hey Nick - I’ve asked for exactly this thing here Fitness Charts using alternative W, specifically based on W:alt

…for exactly the reasons you mention, except my altitude hit is around ~15%! (2500m to sea level) and it makes my charts pretty difficult to interpret that’s for sure

1 Like

That’s a good idea but quite tricky to get done. The power-duration and other related curves (power vs HR) are computed for each activity and stored. So I need to store a whole new set of altitude adjusted curves. I have added this to the todo list.

2 Likes

One thing maybe worth noting is that the actions->fix data->altitude offset change is always applied after activity initial processing so the ability to reprocess whatever is precomputed, ideally in a batch would be great. I can theory craft features for others to implement all day long tho of course. Thanks for even considering this

You can do that from the activity list view unless I have misunderstood?

Ah, I had hoped it could be applied as a layer between the source activities and the PD curve. But that does sound more involved.

Somewhat related, it’s amazing how performant intervals.icu is with all the data it handles!

Thanks for the consideration David!

1 Like