Polarization index

Hello,
where can i find explanation to polarization index which is shown in my activities.
e.g in this week i’m training in pyramidal 1.21, 2 weeks ago it was 1.25, in another week there was threshold 0,49 or 0,004 etc.
As i know what is the difference between polarized, pyramidal, treshold training, i really don’t know how to interpret these numbers, ale should they be higher, lower ?

Also is there somewhere some kind of FAQ about intervals (technical and interpretation)?

In the “polarization-window” there is a link to a reserach paper on which the calculations are based. In the paper you can learn more about different training intensity distrubutions.

1 Like

So as i understand it only shows if my trainings are polarized or not, and it’s not referring to base, pyramidal or threshold kind of training? e.g treshold 0,45 or treshold 0,21 only shows that my trainings weren’t polarized (both below 2,00) but do not refer to differences in threshold intensity?
If so, what’s this index for? i know that my trainings wasn’t polarized, coz intervals shows that i’m in threshold zone. And other way, i know that my trainings weren’t polarized coz of 0,45 polarized index, so information that it’s threshold is just doubled?
Or am i still missing something?

It is just another way to look at the “time in zones” information. It is useful to have a single number for that when looking back at past training and how well that worked and so on.

but is there a difference between e.g treshold 0,40 and pyramidal 0,40 ? or treshold 0,05 and 0,15?

The type is the category you are in. Pol, pyr, base…
The number is the index defining how ´polarized´ you are. 2 and higher is polarised. This number is not dependent on the category.

ok so last question, above 2,0 is polarized, are there other limits which indicates which training is it? (e.g treshold 0-0,40, pyramidal 0,41 to 0,70 etc?)

No, it´s just a number that gives you an idea of how polariseded or not your training is.
Details here

If you want a quick glance at your training using the PI field, this is what it could look like.
Again, as @MedTechCD has hinted, it gives an idea of how polarised your training is.

2 Likes

ok. so it appears that above 2,0 is polarized and above 1,00 is pyramidal and below is treshold? base?
but i still don’t understand if some numbers are better than others. If you are training in pyramidal weeks it’s better to have it at about 1,50 or 1,00? If you train in threshold it’s better to have it at about 0,00 or 0,5 or 1,00?
I know every training is different, every runner or cyclist is different, every week or training program is different, but i have to know just general rule.

Read the paper, or at least the title!
´ A Simple Calculation to Distinguish Polarized From Non-polarized´
Nothing more, nothing less.
It´s not because the number is next to the detected training model, that it is linked to all models. It only gives you an idea if it´s polarised or not.