Polar integration help needed

I have started working on this and am looking for some people to give Intervals.icu access to their Polar data so I can test. If you would like to help please message me. Tx.

Screen Shot 2021-10-17 at 20.47.09

I can help.

1 Like

Me, me :lab_coat: Running, swimming and wellness data

I can help

The authorisation part of this is live now for everyone who said they could help (except @Sean_V_Kelley , I saw your message a bit late). You should see the Polar box in /settings and be able to tick the download activities box to authorise Intervals.icu. No activities or wellness data will be downloaded yet but this will give me access tokens that I can use to get real data from your Polar accounts to build the integration. Tx guys.

Support for downloading new activities is done and will be deployed Sat AM (including for @Sean_V_Kelley ). Still need to do wellness stuff.

Unfortunately it is not possible to get any historical activities from the Polar API so I also need to parse the file they send you when you “ask for all of your data”: Account.polar.com

Just for reporting: Sessions are doubled (strava and polar).
Do I have to deactivate the strava data and leave the polar data?

“Just for reporting: Sessions are doubled (strava and polar).
Do I have to deactivate the strava data and leave the polar data?”

No the Polar activities should be replacing the Strava ones. I will have a look.

I have fixed that bug and will deploy Sunday AM.

1 Like

Just out of interest for activities what file format are you pulling from Polar? I know historically Polar has favoured TCX but you can get FIT. They still call it beta in their API docs but final surge has been pulling polar FIT files for a couple of years I think.

I am pulling .fit files and so far it seems to work fine. They are a lot smaller than tcx files!

1 Like

Yeah TCX files are huge and take ages to process.

The wellness integration should be working now. Average sleeping HR is used for resting HR.

1 Like

Looking good.

I think setting resting HR by using average sleeping HR is a little redundant, and I’ll use the HR taken while checking my blood pressure. I’m mostly interested in logging the sleep data.

You can untick the “Resting HR” box then. Polar doesn’t provide a separate resting HR number so I decided to use the avg sleeping HR for both.

Yes, I’d already unticked that box before I replied! Anyway thanks for the Polar integration.

1 Like