Just more serious,
It takes time to learn to grow.

A quick conclusion;
Not needing Strava, does not make unpopular,
and,
If you know an athletic active woman,
Let her know.

6 Likes

:slight_smile: The Strava rate limit is a big problem. There are a lot of new users on today so Intervals.icu has had to slow all Strava actions down so as to avoid running out of API calls.

3 Likes

Couldnā€™t count API calls, so from the start I followed the participants under power from April last year, and the guys who joined the team on Strava ā€¦
Growing like it is, I suppose the Strava connection will mean less for us who like the service we get on Intervals.icu.
Another number could be Patreon participants, which in our small 60+ group is 10 out of 39. If thatā€™s the standard, I hope 25% can keep you and your servers running ā€¦
Maybe asking more current participants to drop the Strava connection for Garmin and to implement the cut off for dormant hookups ā€¦

This is amazing, so proud of you guys who have made this platform!

Super thankful!

I have already done this bit but have some more legroom there. If you arenā€™t a supporter and havenā€™t been seen on Intervals.icu for 6 weeks it stops downloading your Strava activities.

2 Likes

Would it be possible to sync from RideWithGPS, some day ?

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure David will see you question here,
But if you consider that this site have, to my knowledge,
one programmer, maintainer and manager, David,
And since maps and routes have not been implemented on Intervals.icu,
And since maps are essential for many other sites,
Like Garmin, Strava, MapMyRides, RideWithGPS, and the likes;
And since I can only imagine Davids workload to be as high as he sets the standard for Intervals.icu,
You could ask, What would any integrations between RideWithGPS and Intervals.icu do for anybody,
And if you here would have an argument, you could state that in a suitable new posting on this forum,
Expressed to everyoneā€™s satisfaction.

If Strava is limiting the number of API calls from third-part systems, then having some alternatives available could alleviate the dependency to Strava services.
So, Iā€™m just suggesting RWGPS as one of those alternatives, for the day when Strava will decide - once again - to shortcut the ā€œcompetitionā€.

1 Like

It looks like Tapiriik supports RideWithGPS and Dropbox so you can use that with the Intervals.icu Dropbox support to sync activities. Please give that a try and see if it works. Hopefully it will get .fit files from RideWithGPS.

Wahoo allows to export automatically to Dropbox.
Just found the DropBox thread, enabled it, will report how it works.
If that is ok, would it help to shut down the Strava connection?

Since you have Garmin covered, I would hope the other key players would offer a similar cloud service. Wahoo has been talking about it forever, seems like with the release of the Rival watch they may be pushed to make it happen.

Karoo is hosting the rides on their website, and allows exporting to various services, it would be just a matter of being added.

In my opinion the key is to work with the data source (i.e. bike computer/watch manufacturer). Working with 3rd party sites like RidewGps would just end up with the same problems as Strava eventually.

Hardware manufacturers are starting to understand this issue and support more services.

1 Like

Yes tx.

I agree re working with the hardware manufacturers. Also 3rd party sync apps. Would be nice if everyone supported Dropbox!

1 Like

+1 for Wahoo/Dropbox connection. The only reason for me to join Strava was to get things into intervals.

4 Likes

At this point I only keep the Strava connection open to get my bike collection (Stravaā€™s ā€˜My Gearā€™) into Intervals.icu. Or is there another way?

I still need to build ā€œgearā€. It has been on the todo list for a long time because itā€™s a bit of work. A bike is composed of wheels, chain, cassette etc. and ideally you want to track that whole tree with ability to move stuff between bikes etcā€¦ I want the system to tell me to check my chain after 2000km so I donā€™t wear out the cassette, top up sealant every 3 months and so on.

2 Likes

Will you add a reminder to me to buy a new bike every year or so. And copy it to my wife?

6 Likes

@Michael_Webber +1

https://strautomator.com/feature/gearwear

Does that, it is pretty awesome.

3 Likes