Pace zone setting missing for bike

Hello, I hope someone can help/ clarify, I’m !
not sure if I’ve messed up but I do not have pace settings for bike, I have them for rowing and run. Any ideas? Thanks Paul
image|666x500

I didn’t implement pace zones for cycling because with wind, uphill, downhill etc. I didn’t think they would be of much use.

1 Like

Aah that explains why I couldn’t find them👍 Thanks

hi.
does that mean you suggest we should use power settings only? or what other metrics should I use if I do not have any power meter… HR?
Id say the problem is the same with running, rowing, … and any other outdoor sport.
Would you be so kind and still consider implementing it for those who would have use of it? If anyone has a reason (and yours is very good and totally acceptable) for not using it, he doesnt need to.
(a little bit off topic: having pace settings for rock climbing is a bit useless in my opinion :slight_smile: and! as for rowing - Id appreciate if there was a way to categorize pace settings for different disciplines since they are mutually incomparable)
thank you!

Yes… typically for Biking, one would use HR as the measure of intensity of the session.

You can capture different pace zones for different disciplines by added more sports on the /settings page. Each sport has its own set of zones and other settings.

For cycling if you do not have a power meter then use heart rate. Works well except for short intervals.