One time support payment

I would like to make a non-recurring purchase/payment to intervals.icu as opposed to a subscription.

I don’t really care about any of the subscriber features.

2 Likes

I’ve always paid a one off annual amount to support @david and Intervals.icu. Has this now changed to a subscription service? :thinking:

Only option I see is X currency every 3 months

You could be right…I’ve lost track of all the subscription services I have signed up for :rofl:

Screen Shot 2024-02-04 at 1.40.09 pm
I’ve just checked in my Settings and looks like I pay a one off annual fee of $48.00 per year with next billing date in January 2025. That could be in Pounds too, not sure. @David could clarify.

That’s not an option I have either. Only option is to pay quarterly.

@david Do some people have yearly subscription option and others don’t? I can’t find any way to pay annually like @Adam_Plummer does.

I would imagine that the option to pay quarterly or annually is made when signing up. Perhaps the way to see the option is when not subscribed. It works currently, so no need to change it.

If you cancel your current subscription you will remain a supporter until the current expiry date. Then you can re-subscribe and choose an annual amount. If you immediately cancel you will remain a supporter for a year. So you can make a once off payment by subscribing and then cancelling (@pffate) . Thanks!

Intervals.icu targets a subscription model because it’s quite a thing (cost and expertise) to store and process all of the data. Also I am going to be “retiring” from my day job towards the end of the year and working on Intervals.icu full time. Then development will accelerate.

26 Likes

Screen Shot 2024-02-08 at 7.10.15 am
@david Do I infer from this that you are thinking of moving away from an annual one off payment option to more of a monthly subscription model which would fall in to line with many other fitness & health platforms that charge in this way?

Yes. It has been a subscription for a while now with choice of every 3 months or annually. Every 3 months is just to reduce the impact of processing fees which are quite a bit for a $4 subscription and less percentage wise for 3 x $4 = $12 payment every 3 months. Paying is still optional. There might be premium features at some point.

3 Likes

Thanks David, still amazing value for what Intervals.icu provides.

1 Like

Absolutely agree. Thank you David for such a great platform.

1 Like