Old wellness data from Garmin "Not Found"

Hey guys-

I’m new to Intervals and still in the setup and familiarization phase. I’ve been trying desparately to get my historical weight data from Garmin Connect into Intervals.

I have Strava and GC connected, permissions appear good. Activities from Strava are loading fine. I have activity sync from GC turned off, with wellness data turned on. When I try the “Download Old Data” option for Garmin, all I see is a little red “Not Found” message at the top of Intervals. The date range has no impact on the error message. So I tried the Garmin data export. I waited a few days for the email from Garmin, copied the data file link into Intervals. I got an email from Intervals saying that it imported 1883 wellness records. However, there’s still only 3 data points for me weight from the last year.

What I’m thinking happened… the option for Strava weight was checked initially, and even though I eventually unchecked it, that data is not being overwritten with the data from Garmin. Even after a second manual data import from Gamin. Should I revoke access to Strava? Not ideal as I’ll then have to re-sync thousands of activities.

Thanks for the help!

Unfortunately the data dump from Garmin does not include weight data (only resting HR, sleep and SpO2).

If you can get it in a CSV somehow then you can go to the calendar page and use Options → Wellness “Download CSV” and “Upload CSV” to get it into Intervals.icu.

Thanks David. I’ll see what I can do. Why doesn’t the “download old data” work for me? That option says weight should be included, and the last 12 months would be great.

I will fix that tomorrow. Sorry about that. I didn’t realise the wellness download option was broken when I first read your post.

David, well I went through an entire process to write up a tutorial for people… but something is still buggy with Intervals.

I downloaded the Weight wellness CSV from Intervals. I replaced all the weights with -1 to remove them. Re-uploaded the same CSV. Then I downloaded it again, and confirm there was NO weight data in there at all. All empty cells.

Then I uploaded a CSV I created from my Garmin data. It’s a list of dates and weights, properly formatted (that took a while). I upload that to Intervals.icu, which accepts it without issue.

However, the resulting data does NOT match what I uploaded. If I re-download the weight CSV, you can see that Intervals fills in a bunch of incorrect data.

For example, my CSV had weight data:
01/18: 78.38 kg
01/16: 78.51 kg
01/13: 78.38 kg

After uploading this to Intervals and re-downloading a copy, it now has the following:
01/19: 79.10 kg (does not exist)
01/18: 78.38 kg (correct)
01/17: 79.10 kg (does not exist, repeating value)
01/16: 78.51 kg (correct)
01/15: 79.10 kg (does not exist)
01/14: 79.10 kg (does not exist)
01/13: 78.38 kg (correct)

The same thing can be seen when viewing a weight graph on Intervals. There are spikes where actual data is, but the inbetween is filled with flat-line erroneous data. Help?

Can you please mail me (david@intervals.icu) the CSV you uploaded. I will look at this on Friday. Tx.

Email sent. Thanks David. Truly appreciate it. Intervals is an INCREDIBLE tool! Really stoked to have found it and learning how to use it.

I think I know whats up. Intervals.icu copies weight onto activities and keeps “temporary” weight on wellness days that don’t have captured weight. So if your spreadsheet is missing days then those weights will remain. I need to try figure out how to resolve this.

Ah. That makes sense. It makes a disaster of the weight data though. :rofl:

Somehow it needs to just ignore days that don’t have an explicit weight entry, and then the graph can properly “connect the dots” to show proper trending. I’m sure it’s not nearly that easy. Happy to help if possible. I do appreciate your help.