New to intervals, not sure if my fitness page is working properly

I’m not sure if this is a bug or not, but I have completed my first 2 rides with power and HR, but for the first ride there was no increase in CTL etc. Now I have uploaded a second ride, there is a change in fitness/form/fatigue but the form seems to have gone -488%. I don’t understand how this works enough to know if this is supposed to happen, or if there’s an issue with the first ride that’s causing this? Thanks

I suggest you first read the Guide on the Fitness page and then come back if you still have problems/questions.

1 Like

Basically, this is a mathematical issue. Most metrics on the fitness page are calculated in relationship to previous workouts. This means that the data will only become to be somewhat meaningful after 1-2 weeks and fully developed after as much as 6 weeks.
If you already know your fitness level from before (or just want to guess to make the data more reasonable), you can manually set it in the activities tab to quickstart this.

Try to look at the graph and your rides as a change in time not absolute values. For this graph you did two prettty big rides and that`s much more than nothing in the past. In time it will get more stable. But from beginning you can see that 5 short rides during the week would be much better and result in much lower fatigue then one huge ride. And ofc read the guide it helps to get the basics. And welcome :wink: