New rider with Kickr Snap + Fenix 5x + HRM looking for training plan

Hi, I’m new to cycling (getting back from minor operation and 1yr break). My focus is indoor cycling, just bought Wahoo Kickr Snap for getting back to cycling. need to build endurance and stamina.

I’m looking for a good training plan/app which is compatible with Garmin Watch/Connect which can help me in consistent training (adaptive plan if possible) and can control the trainer (Garmin connectivity sucks I know). I would like to prefer something free (inflation is real).

I’ve tried Zwift (power fluctuations are weird), MyWhoosh is not dependable (they already deleted my account once out of blue). TR/Rouvy/RGT and all are subscription based and expensive. My only hope is BreakAway app for iOS (but the UI is not too intuitive). Can veterans/pros suggest something good; is TrainerDay worth the money in terms of training and adaptive plans?

Do you mean the BreakAway: Indoor Training app that directly syncs with/from intervals.icu?

What do you find not intuitive on its UI? Seems pretty clear cut, select a workout, start the ride.

The developer is active here and I’m sure would love to hear feedback on how to make it better. (Tho I think my own complain is that there’s too much options/features that gets it confusing. Lolz. Much like intervals,icu which needs a learning curve. But it’s all good once up and running)

For Training Plan, there’s JOIN, TD also has plenty of workout which I think you can download the workout to be used. (You need a sub if you want to use Coach Jack for adaptive).

They just implemented TD->intervals 1.5way sync. But, you can just do it the old fashioned way which is get the workouts, upload it to intervals and then sync it to BreakAway or app of your choice.

I’m currently following 2 week prep plan from Intervals.icu and going through some other forums I saw someone recommended this book “Training & Racing with a Power Meter” (might replicate their plans). I’m unsure on the effect of dual activity recording (Breakaway via iphone and on my Fenix). Because (I like Garmin badges - feels like small appreciations) Garmin badges doesn’t consider any 3rd party activity (tried Zwift, MyWhoosh).

The developer actually has this settled. If you read that post above, it’s kinda convoluted but that’s due to Garmin and their restrictions.

There’s no need for Dual Recording indoors anymore. Anyways, there’s no downside to doing dual recording if you still want to with that feature. But in Garmin Connect, ur Fenix will not have data like speed/distance (if it matters to you - u said u like badges, I’m unsure how that works cos no distance = No dist badges).

BreakAway will upload to intervals.icu & Strava. But u will get duplicates from Garmin (from Fenix) as that data has no distance etc so I suspect intervals.icu duplicate detection might not work as great.

Right now, I’ve stopped dual recording, uploads direct to Strava/Intervals/Garmin and no duplicates thus far. Also get my VO2Max (I think) and Training Load updated. (But… TSS/Load numbers will vary between sites, I usually don’t worry about it that much as diff sites may use diff ways of calc NP. )

I believe TD has something similar but is using another 3rd Party App (RunGap - need subs) to do the syncing.