New gear type - Trainer

Hi,
Can you add gear type “Trainer” or “Virtual bike”?

Add Trainer as a component to your bike and set it to be used for Virtual Ride and Indoor ride activities.

This is a good idea I haven’t thought of before. I was struggling with how to track km on the rollers using the Totals page as there is no way to filter based on the ‘trainer’ checkbox column seen on the Activities page.

I use two different bikes on the rollers so the approach you suggest might work? There doesn’t seem to be an option to use a component for a specific type of ride (just the top level gear/bike).

The way I do this is to set up multiple ‘bikes’ for their different situations. So I have my TT bike with ‘outside’ and ‘trainer’ setups, and also my gravel bike with ‘gravel’ ‘cx’ and ‘trainer’ setups. So the gear has many of the same components, but the wheels are replaced with the trainer component.

For tracking rollers, you would still want to track rear wheel, but not front wheel. And then add in the rollers component. And then you select the correct gear setup for what you did (or have it automatically if there are enough defining features of the activity for the intervals system to do so)

I also split the whole thing for myself on 2 bikes, and add to the individual workouts accordingly. The only thing I would like to add is that you can choose that it is trainer.
My Bikes:

What I mean exactly: