New compare page with power vs HR chart

It worked, thanks! :+1:t3:

1 Like

David, my HR vs Power chart filtered for “Virtual Rowing” is blank. Previous to a travel break in late September/early October 2023, I categorized my indoor erg rowing workouts as “Rowing” and that data successfully displayed on the graph.

Resuming my erg rowing in late October, data from my now categorized “Virtual Rowing” workouts do not show on the graph. Any thoughts?

You have “Virtual Rowing” as a separate sport in /settings. Rather delete the “Virtual Rowing” sport and add “Virtual Rowing” to the activity types for “Rowing”:

Then you should be able to see everything together.

I am 100% certain this is me being box as a rock of dumb, but can anyone explain how this works? I can’t see how w/hr is relevant without also having time in the equation. Is it for 1 min intervals?

These are ‘cleaned up’ chunks of 30sec where you plot the relation between heartrate and power.
If the plot moves further down right for different dat ranges, it means that you are fitter because you produce more power for a given % of LTHR (or maxHR).
It’s a nice feature where you can clearly see that there is a linear relationship for power to HR when within the aerobic range.
Here’s mine for Running activities over the past three seasons, showing that my running is definitely getting better this season.

Same for outdoor/indoor cycling:

4 Likes

Thnx David for your response. My challenge with doing as you suggest is My erg rower (Ergatta WaterRower) has two different Power meters (S4 & SmartRow) that read Power differently for the same workout. Each allows me to share/compete in workouts with different user groups. My hope was to track my stats separately for each in intervals.icu, which is why I created ‘Virtual Rowing’ as a separate type. Any thoughts on an alternative solution?

BTW, I’ve run into an issue using ‘Virtual Rowing’ as a distinct activity when using TrainerRoad….my planned ‘Virtual Rowing’ workouts do not download into my TR WOD. Alex is working on a solution to that issue…

What do you use to measure your running power - Garmin watch I presume?

Coros Pace 2

1 Like

Tx for answering this. The chunks are actually 1 minute long and there is quite a bit of processing to get rid of “bad” ones (e.g. cadence much lower or higher than normal, any stops etc.) so only clean “you were riding/running for the whole 1 minute at normal cadence” stuff is kept. And HR lag is adjusted for.

1 Like

Unfortunately my curves are also all over the place. My heart rate monitor disconnected very often in the past ( due to bad wifi connection with Zwift and Companion App). I don’t think that it would be possible to find out all of these activities and remove them manually.
Wouldn’t it make sense to just ignore the files where heart rate data has too many zeros and don’t use these rides for the graph? Thanks for the great work.