New activities not syncing

Garmin Head Unit → GC → Strava (Strips out some data) → Intervals
Garmin Head Unit → GC → Intervals

Garmin → Intervals ← Strava
Intervals uses Strava (Name + Desc + segments) + Garmin workout Data

MyWhoosh → Garmin -XXXX- Intervals (Garmin wont forward activities not recorded from a Garmin device to anywhere)
MyWhoosh → Strava → Intervals

If you want MyWhoosh data loaded into intervals you have few options

1. Download the MyWhoosh Fit File and manually load to Interval (not sure if there is a dropbox option)
  2. Use Strava as the intermediary (They closed this up once, then reopened it. It may happen again)
  3. Figure out if MyWhoosh supports Dropbox option, then you can point intervals.icu to that dropbox folder
  4. Use a 3rd party app to Backup the Virtual Rides into Dropbox and/or upload directly to intervals.icu

Top right of the activity page, it will show the source:

Top image was from Dropbox, as Zwift doesn’t forward to Intervals, even though it ends up in Garmin Connect. Garmin won’t forward data from 3rd partys apps.

Bottom image is the Garmin device workout that that stays in Intervals, while the Strava duplicate is deleted. As @app4g has mentioned, some information is written from Strava, eg. name, description ,etc., which is why it shows ~ View on Garmin Connect ~ Strava

Interesting, once again.

MyWhoosh activities would automatically load into my Intervals.icu - a couple weeks ago, without my having to mess around with manually importing fit files.

Now, no more. Not a big deal, as I always run a garmin head unit concurrently - and contrary to the majority of other members on this post - so far Garmin seems to be syncing to Intervals without hiccups

Thanks for this. Will verify the origin of the Intervals synced activity

1 Like