Missing Garmin wellness data (sleep/HRV) — best way to backfill Intervals.icu?

Hi,

I have chunks of missing wellness data (sleep, HRV) in Intervals.icu that exist in full on Garmin Connect. I’m trying to figure out the best way to backfill them.

Two questions:

  1. Would using “Import all Garmin data” re-sync the missing wellness data, or does that only cover activities?
  2. If I do a full re-import, would it create duplicate entries for data that already synced correctly?

The alternative I’m aware of is the wellness CSV upload, but given the volume of missing data that would be quite tedious. Hoping there’s a cleaner solution.

Thank you!

In case it’s still useful, or for the next person searching: I can’t say for sure what the Garmin re-import covers for wellness, but if gaps remain you can fill them straight from Garmin Connect. I wrote a self-hosted tool for this: garmin-intervals-bridge backfill --scope wellness --from 2025-01-01 first shows per day what it would write, and with --apply it fills sleep, HRV, resting HR and the rest – only into fields that are still empty, so nothing that already synced gets duplicated or overwritten. It uses your own Garmin login (unofficial), details: https://forum.intervals.icu/t/132863