Microsoft email address for registration

I have a rider on team who is trying to sign-on to ICU but cant as when he goes to register and puts in an email address with a “hotmail.com” domain.

Specific flag was : “Sorry, Microsoft email addresses are not supported (MS thinks Intervals.icu sends spam)”

Please advise on a work-around.

He doesn’t prefer Gmail.

I hope to have this sorted out soon. MS is the only provider I am aware of that considers mail from Intervals.icu spam. They have a very opaque process and refuse to say why.

Thanks. I’m not familiar with Hotmail but if its anything like other mail clients, couldn’t one just mark the mails from ICU as “Not Spam” so it doesnt go into the spam folder in future?

This individual just wants to sign up and use the features, and maybe wont be checking his mail so much.

Microsoft block the mail completely so it never gets to the user’s account :frowning: I will try sort this tonight by configuring another server to send mails.

1 Like

@Coach_Ron they could always use a throwaway email account for signing up.

@david I’ve just recently wrapped up a project on email deliverability at work. There’s a lot about the subject that is left intentionally obscure by the email providers unfortunately. Making sure you have SPF and/or DKIM helps a lot. Many providers also look at sends / ip address, so if you’re running your own mail server and it’s not sending out enough/consistent volume, that can be a problem too.

Had the same problem with a Belgian provider telenet.be.
Used my work mail adress to sign up because I never got a verification mail on the above one.

I’d say the work around is to use Gmail, or any other email provider other than Microsoft and then setup the Gmail account to forward the email to the Microsoft account.

Save your energy. There are plenty of workaround the user could use that don’t require you to do extra work or jump through unnecessary hoops.

I’ve suggested the “throwaway” email add.

+1 for this from my side. I use Outlook as my primary email.
You do not even have to keep the email in GMail, but you can simply have it forwarded to Outlook - which is working without issues.

2 Likes