Mathematical equations within custom fitness charts

Hi, I’ve been trying to search for this information for a while but have had no luck so far:

Is it possible to add some simple mathematical formulas within the custom charts on the fitness page?

For instance, it’s easy to create a custom chart that shows calories consumed, and it’s easy to create a custom chart that shows calories burned in workout, but is it possible to create a chart that shows “calories consumed” MINUS “calories burned”? Or even “calories consumed” MINUS “1500” MINUS “calories burned”?

1 Like

Unfortunately, the wellness fields can’t be computed.
You can create Custom Activity fields that are calculated from other metrics from an activity, but I don’t know if this can be a workaround in your case.
A summary of all possible extensions for Intervals can be found here:

1 Like

Thanks for the information! Based on a quick look it doesn’t look like this would work (either that or I’m not knowledgeable enough to pull it off) but knowing it’s not possible is already helpful. This is anyway information I can see elsewhere and was just trying to figure out a way to have an additional nice-looking chart on my fitness tab :slight_smile: I’ll try to do this through a manual work-around and see if I’m patient enough to keep updating it too!

If you have some knowledge about API’s or are willing to invest the time to learn using the API, you could simply pull the needed wellness metrics in a script, make the calculation, and send the result back to the API. You would just need to setup a custom Wellness field to accommodate the result and from there it will be usable for charting.

2 Likes

I don’t have knowledge on that, but I will take a look at how… comprehensible it seems to my eyes and see if it’d make sense to try to learn using it. Thanks again!

I’m looking for something like this too. In my case, I’d love to create a custom field equal to Fitness * eFTP. I would then track this on a custom chart on the Fitness page.

It doesn’t sound like this is possible…not a complaint, as I love Intervals and David’s amazing work!

I beleive this is available. Try looking at the link above (extending interval.icu)

Thank you. I took a look, and unfortunately don’t have the technical knowledge I think I’d need to do this, based on those materials.

Understand. I too, have very limited knowledge on JavaScript.
But if you’re willing, perhaps take a look at the existing ones people has shared and see if you can put 2 and 2 together.

2 Likes