Locking wellness records

You can now disable automatic updates to the wellness data for a day. This prevents integrations with other services (Garmin, Coros, Polar, Oura etc.) and API calls (e.g. from FitnessSyncer or HealthFit) from changing the data. This is useful if the incoming data is incorrect and you cannot change it on the source system (e.g. Oura sleep data).

A lock icon is displayed on the calendar:

You can include this column in the wellness CSV download / upload to change it in bulk.

7 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

It would be nice if wellness data (e.g., weight) was still editable via API, but I guess it’s a single-person use case :grinning:

1 Like

I would love an option to see what source the wellness data is pulled from, for example the columns to read “HRV (Garmin)” and “HRV (Oura)”, then I could pick one of them to show on the calendar (currently I just disable one source), but I would like to plot them separately in fitness graphs, which I can’t do if I disable one. It could remain backwards compatible if the HRV column uses whatever logic there currently is in terms of which source populates that field, but two additional columns would be created that is source specific. Although both are sleep HRV, I find Garmin is usually 5-10 higher than Oura. Lots of other wellness data is also overloaded (RHR, readiness, etc).

1 Like

Yes I should probably have done it like that right at the start and then just let people pick which one to use as the “default” for everything. Unfortunately it’s a bunch of work to do that now. Would need to be part of a big wellness refactor.

1 Like