Intervals.icu downtime (resolved)

Thank you for your responsiveness and the incredible quality of your work.

1 Like

Thanks for all your efforts :+1::saluting_face:

1 Like

Let’s bring Strava down! :sweat_smile:

Thank you for your dedication and great work to keep this running. Looks like you as a “one-man-show” bring better support than other big companies with tons of support staff :wink:
keep on rolling!

Start small and bring down Training Peaks first :grin:

2 Likes

Hi David - may or may not be of interested. I’ve started using SendGrid to send emails from within my apps. Working well so far.

Hey if you need volunteers with a good background on technology count me in! I’m on GMT-5 time zone :blush:

2 Likes

I thought Intervals was giving me a not-so-subtle sign to take a rest day.
So I did.

1 Like

They’re doing a decent job of that themselves!

2 Likes

Tx. I did consider using a service in the beginning but when this was just a side project they all seemed really expensive. Now it would be ok but I have already done all the tricky config and servers mostly have good SPAM reputation.

1 Like

2 Likes

I’ll put my hand up as well as another volunteer resource with a technical background- Melbourne AU based so GMT+10. More than happy to help out in any way.

1 Like

I don’t know if you’re looking but I’m also in to volunteer, I love this app! Can do backend/ops stuff and basic frontend. Timezone (UTC-8)

1 Like

May I recommend Cloudflare for DNS. It works wonderfully.

2 Likes

Thank you for creating and keeping this website (and also data safety) for us!

1 Like

Agreed, I can recommend Cloudflare as well.

It’s nuts that these big companies can do this without consideration or fair warning!

Google did send one email 2 weeks before that I missed. That was it. No warnings anywhere in the Google cloud console “Your account will be closed on x if you don’t do y”. And it was very difficult to find out why my account had been closed after it happened. Incredibly poor way to treat a customer. Of course I am still with Google because it is very hard to move cloud providers. I do have backup DNS now.

I’m happy the situation in the linked story didn’t happen to Intervals! Google has some nervous cloud customers right now: https://www.itnews.com.au/news/unisupers-google-cloud-environment-was-deleted-607786

1 Like