Incorrect weights after CSV upload and fix

I uploaded a bunch of historical weight data using the CSV upload (thanks for providing that feature)! Unfortunately, because the field was just “weight” I upload pounds instead of kgs. Clearly my mistake.

I thought an easy fix would be just to re-upload the CSV with the correct units … this seems to have almost entirely worked, but some incorrect high weights remained. It appears that some values I uploaded got propagated to additional days not in the CSV, and these remained when I uploaded the corrected values. This seems like a bug?

I then downloaded wellness data, found the incorrect values in a spreadsheet, and uploaded another CSV with "-1"s for those dates. Now when I download my wellness data the values look good, but I still have some seemingly random strings of activities that have incorrect weights.This seems like a (second) bug?

And any advice on how to fix this issue? (It’s not too many activities fortunately, so I can probably manually edit if I need to).

Thanks,
Brendan

In the background, everything is metric ‘International’. Conversion to Imperial is on the GUI.

Intervals needs your weight for every activity. If none has been entered on the day of an activity, Intervals uses (and fills the wellness field) with the most recent weight. That’s why those days without an entry ‘inherited’ the weight of the last day it was entered.
If you upload a csv with weight data, only the dates with a value will be populated. Days not in the csv, will keep what was automatically filled.
Further more, if no weight was ever entered before on the calendar, those days with an activity would take the weight that was entered on your profile. And given the fact that you almost surely entered that in pounds, it would become the equivalent of the conversion to metric.
I think this explains what you experienced.
The easiest way to correct that situation is probably to modify you csv and insert the last known weight in the gaps, making sure you have all dates in the range filled with a weight value in metric. Or you can do it manually, or if it is just a couple of subsequent days with activities, you can use the Edit function on the list view. Be aware that the last option will only modify the dates that have an activity! That could be exactly what you need, but could also skip depending on what values are in the weight field for days without activity!

1 Like

Intervals.icu copies weight info onto activities. It seems there is a bug in that the activity weights are not updated when you clear the weight on a day by uploading -1. I am busy fixing this. Tx for the report.

What @MedTechCD says will work but I am busy sorting things out so you do not have to fill in the gaps. So wait a little bit.

If you haven’t already fixed weight on your activities you should be able to sort them out by downloading the CSV, change all the weights (e.g. -1 kg), upload that, then upload the one with correct weights.

Awesome, thank you!