Importing from Garmin vs Strava

I have quite a few activities that are in Garmin Connect but not in intervals.icu and quite a lot of activities that are in both. Also some activities in intervals.icu that were sent to Strava from Garmin Connect and from there to intervals.icu.

If I request all of my data from Garmin and import that to intervals.icu, will it take care of deduplication?

Going forward, all of my data will be logged to Garmin Connect first, then sent to Strava. Should I set intervals.icu to import only from Garmin Connect and disconnect intervals.icu from Garmin Connect?

Thanks.

1 Like

I would suggest it to be GC as primary. You get the full set of data in the FIT file that way. Strava strips things out.

2 Likes

Thanks. I guess Iā€™ll disconnect Strava.

Iā€™ll probably take a chance with Importing the full Garmin Export and leave intervals.icu to deal with the duplicates.

If you disconnect Strava, all ride data has to be deleted, according to the T&Cs of Strava. Itā€™s better to import your Garmin data, and then check for duplicates. There shouldnā€™t be providing you donā€™t have manual uploads.

Certain information from Strava is included, eg. ride description, segments, etc. make sure before you deactivate the connect that you are happy to lose your entire history from Strava.

Perhaps after importing the Garmin Data, I should leave both Garmin and Strava connected to intervals.icu.

I donā€™t have any manual uploads to intervals.icu but I have a lot of manual uploads at Garmin. Theyā€™re from FitBit tcx files.

Those are easy to remove afterwards by filtering on ā€˜Sourceā€™, in case you want to.

1 Like

I have data from in Strava and Garmin from December 2008, and there arenā€™t problems.
As @MedTechCD says, you can always use the list view to sort by ā€œStravaā€.

1 Like

Will intervals.icu see the Source as FitBit or Garmin? I uploaded the files from FitBit to Garmin. They will come to intervals.icu from Garmin.

No, in that case they will all have Garmin as source. but thereā€™s also the device filter:

1 Like