Importing/Creating Training Plans

Hi, is there a way to import training plans in any format? I can see in the forums questions around trainingpeaks, garmin etc, but to be honest I’m thinking something much easier using the existing workout notation, in a similar text box type format
eg:

week n
Day 1 Rest Rest day.
Day 2 W01D2-Recovery Run • Run easy, Z2, 25 minutes.
• Cool down, 5-10 minutes.
• Stretch.
Day 3 W01D3-Intervals • Warm up, 10 minutes.
• Run, threshold effort, Z4, 5 minutes. Recovery jog, Z2, 2 minutes. Repeat 4 times.
• Cool down, 10 minutes.
• Stretch.
Day 4 W01D4b-Recovery Run • Run easy, Z2, 30 minutes.
• Stretch.
Day 4 W01D4a-Cross Training Cross train, 30 minutes.
Day 5 Rest Rest day.
Day 6 W01D6-Hilly Run • Run, Z3, 45 minutes on hills if possible.
• Stretch.
Day 7 W01D7-Long Run • Run easy, conversational pace, Z2, 60 minutes.
• Stretch.

this format would work for n+1 number of weeks, with different types of workouts (run, cycle, row, swim)

Is this on the roadmap, or does this capability already exist (and its a user error on my part).

Thanks

2 Likes

That doesn’t exist yet. Now you need to create all the workouts in your library and then add them to a plan or just add them directly to a plan. This can be done using the API so you could build an importer if you have coding skills.

Thanks I may do that. I’m guessing intervals is JavaScript based. If I create an importer, do you have a preferred way for this to be built for contribution, or would you suggest I keep this standalone?

Probably easiest to keep it standalone. Maybe you could build a little website around it.

Sounds like a nice side project to start.
Good idea, when I get some time I’ll put a sketch onto GitHub & use that to manage feature requests/contributions…

Did you ever run with this @sandeater? Would be helpful!

I was just about to start today & then I saw this thread Multi-week Training Plan Creator (Intertools)

cc @scorphus

1 Like