Importing Blood Pressure from Garmin Connect

I see that most health metrics get imported from Garmin Connect, however Blood Pressure does not (which is where I record it). I can see the google fit does sync blood pressure to Intervals but there is no direct way to get Google Fit to receive this data from Garmin Connect. Equally, if I record Blood Pressure in Google Fit (not the desirable option, but possible) I can get it into Intervals but not Garmin Connect.

Is there any way I’m mising or does it need to be a feature request? Thanks.

2 Likes

I was using a cheap BPM and importing by Google Fit, but recently upgraded to an Index BPM. Since found out that the option on Garmin import is not available right now.

Here’s what I do. I have an offline Blood Pressure Device.
Every so often, I make a measurement and manually enter it into Garmin Connect App on the phone. Then Garmin Connect App will write this data into Apple Health. I then Sync Apple Health Data into intervals.icu

Never tried Google Fit. There’s an android app called HealthSync

I have an offline BP monitor also.
Take readings regularly enough. Manually input to Intervals.icu

My take fwiw - So many threads / questions on this forum about auto data entry, metrics syncing etc. I get that people are pushed for time but taking Blood Pressure monitoring as an example … if you’re going to the bother of taking measurements in a repeatable fashion/routine a couple of times a week (or whatever) and doing it correctly, then you have the 30s required to manually input the results on Intervals.

Aside - Just googled Index BPM - Eye watering price for a BP monitor. Absolutely crazy money

I do agree, it is an expensive device and would never pay cash for one. I spent some reward points that were due to expire on one, and there were limited options on what I could purchase.

To be honest, I slightly prefer the cheaper generic unit, as results are indistinguishable. I figured the integration with the Garmin ecosystem would be nice (no need to sync with an app like the other BPM, its over WiFi).

I hope that it is nothing more than an added field to sync across from Connect, but am no expert on the integration.

1 Like