HRV4Training LF, HF, LF/HF

Would it be possible to add the hrv4training data from the lf and hf csv and create the LF/HF ratio?

Here is Alan Couzens’ explanation

https://www.alancouzens.com/blog/overtraining_HRV4.html

2 Likes

I already created the wellness fields because I’m getting those parameters from the Kubios app.
Please use the same fields.

1 Like

The hrv4training csv gives them automatically, the problem with custom fields is that you have to enter them manually and with many athletes it is complicated, that’s why I asked for the integration from the hrv4training csv. Do you do it manually from Kubios to intervals?

1 Like

Once the fields are created, you can populate them with an API call.
If @david integrates the csv from hrv4training, the same fields will be populated in the background. If I can do it, he can for sure :wink:
I used to enter the basic parameters from Kubios manually but since I learned how to use the API, it is now partially automated and I’m getting all parameters.
Kubios has no export functionality yet but I made a request and got an answer that it is on their road plan. Anyway, I didn’t want to wait so I found a workaround that is not perfect but doable. I installed an OCR app on my phone and scan the Kubios Result page. The text from that scan is send to the Intervals wellness comments section. A sheduled task on my computer makes an API call to collect the comments, parses the unstructured text and sends it back as custom fields to intervals with another API call. Works pretty well but is only viable for someone using their computer daily.

2 Likes

Since we have the im4ready application, adding this ratio would be an added value to be able to see which system dominance (sympathetic, parasympathetic) we have. We create a baseline, the higher the ratio the more sympathetic activity and the lower the ratio the more parasympathetic activity, with this we could further adjust the decisions on the intensity and volume of the athlete’s training, once in intervals these values can be put into im4ready.

1 Like

I bring it up again, we have been looking at LF/HF behaviour for a while now by taking their ratio and we are getting a better understanding of the predominance of the autonomic nervous system. This data is in the hrv4training csv. Has anyone managed to take it to intervals for graphing? Thanks

1 Like

I have pulling the data from HRV4Training, but I’m not using it in any graphs yet.

1 Like

I am looking at them manually and making ratios, varios papers hablan sobre este ratio y creo que es interesante poderlo estudiar y poder graficarlo en intervals.

I can get LF and HF in. What I don’t have is a mechanism to compute wellness fields form other wellness fields for the ratio.

1 Like

The values of lf and hf are in the csv of hrv4training, I write from ignorance, is it not possible to do the division between lf and hf? I leave you a paper that talks about it.

(PDF) Response of the sympathetic-parasympathetic balance of the HRV during a week of aerobic training in road cyclists (researchgate.net)