HRV in Fitness tab

@david thanks for your effort and dedication!

1 Like

If thereā€™s possibility for HRV, how about Oura? It measures HRV and RHR during the sleep (plus other metrics too) and it is astonishingly good in it. Iā€™ve been using Oura for two years and it even notices if I drink one beer in the evening - and apparently Covid-19 too :scream:

It has open API:s and apparently they are helpful for developers. Also, Iā€™m not connected to Oura any other way except I have one in my finger :smiley:

1 Like

Another vote for Oura Ring.
Hereā€™s the docs for their API: https://cloud.ouraring.com/docs/

4 Likes

Throwing in a vote for EliteHRV. Iā€™ve begun using this to track HRV. It has the ability to sync w/ TrainingPeaks, but honestly, Iā€™d love to move everything over to this site. (and Iā€™ve thrown in on the Patreon, just to put my money where my mouth is :slight_smile: )

3 Likes

I use an Apple Watch and HRV4. Any moves to incorporating these two? Iā€™m definitely interested in the derived metrics from my Apple Watch as I only use Garmin now whilst riding.

I second that, as stated in another thread too. I have an Apple Watch with HearthWatch and AutoSleep so getting the info (from Apple Health or otherwise) would be really helpful.

2 Likes

I will definitely be looking at Apple Health integration. Hopefully it is possible. My wife has an Apple watch and uses a Garmin for running+riding.

3 Likes

Itā€™s so annoying that you cannot get anything to sync to Garmin - if GC would pick up my Health info, it would be so much easier.

And Iā€™m not sure itā€™s gonna be easy to get anything from Apple, without paying (a hefty) fee or get a license.

I use Heartwatch and Autosleep too. Some great info being collected within them so it would be great if there could be Apple integration

Another vote for a HRV4Training csv import :slight_smile: I have a few hundred records of data if you ever fancy looking at the csv file. The idea is that you take a reading every day and you usually notice that your HRV is generally lower when you are overtraining or have too much alcohol and is higher when you are getting a decent amount of training stimulus and recovery.

9 Likes

I have implemented Oura support. I am still waiting for app approval from them before I turn it on for everyone (max is 10 users before approval). If you want to get ā€œearly accessā€ message me. @frnkr

1 Like

Can we have in this text, also the format date expected yyyy-mm-dd ? It might help

Done. The easiest way to see the format for all fields is to download wellness data in CSV first. You can edit and upload the same CSV.

Iā€™m also using the phone camera and there is indeed a bit of a learning curve!
In the beginning I had difficulties with getting valid readings. But after a while I started getting the hang of it.

I am also interested in exactly the same use case.

1 Like

Iā€™m having a bit of a hard time using the camera.
Sometimes it goes fine for the whole week but suddenly I canā€™t get good readingsā€¦
Not to mention that ā€œmy perceptionā€ after 60 days of readings does not match with the results.
Iā€™m about to give up.

That would be great for many reasons as all my health data are included there.

From what Iā€™ve read using a good chest strap (Polar, Garmin) for really meaningful HRV readings is a must. Watch makers are doing what they can to overcome this limitation but for now I invested in a good chest strap. HRV is an amazing tool and the only scientifically proven feedback reading from the body that can be interpreted in a meaningful way. I mean of course about totally amateur setup. In a sports lab they can measure your readiness/fatigue/etc in 100 more ways of course.

1 Like

I use HRV4Training on an Android phone. I find that using the camera is not terribly reliable, and I use my Garmin Dual bluetooth chest HR sensor, which seems to work well and consistently. At the very least, when HRV4Training suggests I take things easy, it corresponds with how I feel. Which might mean that monitoring HRV is a bit redundant! :slight_smile:

You can now import HRV4Training data via Dropbox:

7 Likes