HRV-Guided Training

Thanks for this tip! My H10 lasts 2 weeks max.

Yep that is not right! I disconnect the strap from the sensor each time and it last months and months and monthsā€¦with daily use circa 12-16hrs per week also.

2 Likes

How accurate is the battery level reading in the Polar Flow app? Iā€™ve done about 72 hours so far in the original battery and always disconnect the sensor and the strap when not in use.

I have always disconnected my H10 pod to dry it off after use but had no idea about the battery drain by leaving it connected. My disconnection/dry off habit comes from too many years of using a Wahoo Tickr and doing everything short of voodoo to make it last. Finally gave up and got a Polar which has been problem free.

Thanks guys. Good tip to disconnect the sensor, but I still dont understand what it transmits when its not sensing anything at the electrodes.

I suspect because it is still connected it may be constantly looking for a heart rate. On my Tacx when I take it off I have to disconnect it from the electrodes. I canā€™t remember what I did when I had a Garmin but suspect it was disconnected as well.

Interesting. I really had no idea that heart rate monitors didnā€™t have a smarter way to tell if theyā€™re being worn or not.

1 Like

They should have because the old ones were all in one peace (strap + sensor) and there were no problems with batteries.

Remember to re-enable the 2 BLE-channels after you change battery. At least thatā€™s what I had to do.

2 Likes

Aah.Thats why mine reverted to single channel.I spent ages unpairing, switching of phones and Bluetooth etc before finally connecting to Polar to re-enable the 2nd channel. I thought it was just a random happening.

1 Like

The difference with the old ones is that the H10 can be set to record HR from an activity internally and transfer the data afterwards. So not connected to another device. The old ones used the ā€œconnected to a deviceā€ as a flag to activate/deactivate and not (or not only) the presence of a HR signal.
I donā€™t know how it exactly works now with the H10 but Iā€™m pretty sure the above explains a big part. The slightest movement or interference on the strap cause a little electrical signal turning the unit on is my guess.

1 Like

Some changes coming to Garmin about HRV, will see if it replaces external apps Garmin Revamps Training Readiness Abilities with HRV STATUS

1 Like

Hi folks
Stumbled across this thread while searching for Garmin Dual HRM R-R interval accuracy.

My Polar H9 started giving trouble (still within warranty) and it has been lost by courier when I sent for warranty assessment. Neither Polar or DHL seem to care and Iā€™m getting nowhere fast with both of them in my enquires.

So I may have access to a Garmin HRM Dual while I wait for the Polar issue to be resolved. Is the Garmin HRM Dual compatible with EliteHRV. Will it provide accurate readings?

For use with Elite HRV the readings will be accurate but not as accurate as H9 or H10.

1 Like

I use a 2032 battery instead of the 2035 and in a year and a half I have changed it only once.

1 Like

If you use a 2032 battery instead of the recommended 2025, you lose Polar warranty.
Always unattach the monitor from the strap after each use, otherwise it can remain active using battery.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t know that a 2032 (3.2mm thick) would fit in the space designed for a 2025 (2.5mm thick).

1 Like

But they come new attached. Iā€™ve just received mineā€¦

The HRM is separated from the strap in the box; at least for the H10.

Also, the instructions shows to disconnect from the strap after each use.

Urgh :worried: mine came attached